This blog is an offshoot of my previous blog, Spreading Our Wings... http://www.spreadingourwings.blogspot.com.
As before, this blog is personal and political... serious and sometimes silly...
My goal is to relay what I deem to be important information, express some of my viewpoints, engage in some online creativity - and find out (please comment appropriately) what others are thinking, as well!
--- "Michelle Obama - USAService.org"; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeNgjXPZkrM; Submitted by "inauguration" on January 09,2009
---------------------------------------------
Passing it on: Letter I received from Michelle Obama [Monday, January 12, 2009 1:56 PM]
---------------------------------------------
"Nancy --
One week from today, on January 19th, Barack and I will join thousands of people all across the country for an extraordinary day of service.
I recorded a short video to tell you more about this important effort. Please take a minute to watch it and sign up to host or attend a service event near you...
Volunteers of all ages and backgrounds are committing to renew America together, one community at a time.
Whatever service activity you organize or take part in -- cleaning up a park, giving blood, volunteering at a homeless shelter, or mentoring an at-risk youth -- you can help start this important journey. But this is about more than just a single day of service, it's the beginning of ongoing commitment to your community.
Monday, January 19th, is also Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Dr. King taught us to live a life of service, and he led by example. He once said:
"If you want to be important -- wonderful. If you want to be recognized -- wonderful. If you want to be great -- wonderful. But, recognize that he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. That's a new definition of greatness."
Barack and I will be volunteering in Washington, D.C., our new home. I hope you'll join us by taking part in this national call to service in your community:
http://www.USAservice.org/calltoservice
It will take ordinary citizens working together with a common purpose to get this country back on track. This national day of service is an important first step in our continuing commitment.
Now is the time to remind all Americans what ordinary people can accomplish when we stand together.
Thank you,
Michelle
P.S. -- If you are already planning to be in Washington, D.C. for the Inauguration, text SERVE to 56333 to receive information about service opportunities in the nation's capital. Or you can learn more here:
http://www.USAservice.org/calltoserviceDC"
------------------------------------------
Michelle's video address - "USA Service... Your Call to Service" can be accessed at: http://usaservice.org/page/content/calltoservice/
I will make these links available in the sidebar>>>
Thank You,
N.S.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
P.S. > I could probably use some volunteer help for the Muddy Cup Inauguration Party - on the 20th - as well. So if anyone is interested, please email me at wingedbirdinflight@live.com.
Writing the Query Letter
-
Nathan Bransford, former agent and editor, has a very good article on how
to write a query letter.
https://nathanbransford.com/book-publishing-advice#...
Liberty Metals Group Review
-
Liberty Metals Group is a company that sells precious metals products. But
according to Yelp and their Better Business Bureau page, they've gone out
of b...
Congratulations to Nobel Laureate Richard Thaler!
-
It should surprise no one, and delight everyone, that Richard Thaler has
won this year’s Nobel in economics. Congratulations! Thaler is a big reason
I pe...
Adjust contrast of a pdf free
-
Closer to the eye of the shooter, this is because Preview is quite
literally applying a filter to each individual page of the PDF you are
saving. the proce...
Memorial Day 2013
-
IMHO, the best way to remember and honor our fallen men & women in uniform
is to practice democracy. The concepts of "liberty and justice for all"
means fo...
Ellis Island - Baggage and Dormitory Building
-
View of one of the many dorm areas which comprise the bulk of the Baggage
and Dormitory building; during its peak, this area would have held as many
beds...
Gov. Christie to Keynote GOP Convention
-
Gov. Chris Christie will keynote this year's GOP convention. While I am
supporting Barack Obama and hope very much so he is reelected in November,
I en...
A Bit of a Twist
-
Events in town recently have been much like the past winter's snowfalls,
'few & far between', but like politics, less is often more. In the case of
the Tow...
Proposed New York Senate and Assembly Districts
-
Well folks the State as done it. I present to you links for both the New
York State Assembly Districts and New York State Senate Districts.
Ulster County ...
Kevin Cahill Remembers Dietrich Werner
-
Dietrich's wife, Gayle is asking that in lieu of flowers for Dietrich, that
donations be made in his name to the Century House.
Below is a link where donat...
Did You Know?
-
Did You Know? Kingston Community Radio has an archive of past shows, which
can be found on the website here. The most recent show features county
executive...
Top Ten Things Overhead at the Board of Elections
-
10. Acceptance? I need to file what? Nobody told me about that.
9. I didn't know that petitions had to be filed by July 16.
8. I don't have enough signatu...
1 comment:
P.S. > I could probably use some volunteer help for the Muddy Cup Inauguration Party - on the 20th - as well. So if anyone is interested, please email me at wingedbirdinflight@live.com.
Thank You!
N.S.
Post a Comment