Tuesday, May 4, 2010

City of Kingston Common Council Meeting... "Summer Sizzler" V Security Cameras...


I attended the City of Kingston Common Council meeting tonight - and may do a brief report on this tomorrow- particularly regarding a letter my husband wrote (my rendition did not do it justice) in support of (as brought up by Alderman Shirley Whitlock) funding the "Summer Sizzler" (youth basketball program) v. utilizing more cameras in crime prevention efforts.

I do not necessarily support either of the above - as what I would really like to see in the City of Kingston are more undercover operations, foot patrols and bike patrols - along with the multitude of things of I have stated elsewhere on this blog...

Whatever the case, the Council voted not to amend - or attempt to amend the way these particular grant monies are to be utilized - and a suggestion (made by Alderman Ron Polacco) that $5,000 be transferred from the money the Barvadon / UPAC is to receive was shot down due to the grant's categorical restrictions.

No comments: