Monday, August 30, 2010

Just thoughts...


This has been, all told, one H&ll of a year - and although I don't know whether to blame nature, nurture, menopause, the economy, my growing fear of living in the City of Kingston or my disenchantment with politics - as I have come to view politics - one of the rose bushes I planted last year has become one long-thick-stemmed rose - standing alone on a "bush" that required (oh yes indeed) a lot of pruning... 

Hailing from small-town country life, originally - chock full of issues from "days of yore..." - I have attempted to "be" someone I don't have the capability of being - and "do" things I don't have the capability of doing...

Still, in the context of survivorship - I haven't done half bad - and I'm told that "self-acceptance" is key.

A rose is a rose. 

Thorns intact for protection.

The one in the photograph, still strong and determined.

Many others...

Petals on the ground.

No comments: