Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Inaugural Parties... Inspirational Quotes

[Photo by B.F.]

According to MoveOn Civic Org., there is an inaugural party on Tues, January 20 (starting at 8PM) at Backstage Studios in uptown Kingston.

I have also put in an inquiry with a contact at the Kingston Muddy Cup, as to the possibility of hosting an inaugural celebration event (Same night / around the same time) there.

I will keep you posted on the latter, which might (if approved / workable) be more accessible to some of those that live along the Broadway corridor.

Other than that, I thought I would post a couple of neat inspirational quotes that I came across today:

1. "I am only one; but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do" (Helen Keller).

2. "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock" (Thomas Jefferson).

3. "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be" (Abraham Lincoln).

4. "Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul... And sings the time without words... and never stops... at all" (Emily Dickinson).

BTW, I apologize for the time on my earlier posts being "off". I think I have remedied the problem.

Peace and Good Will Towards All,

N.S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard back from the Muddy Cup re. my proposal. I will let you know - although time is running short - if I do.

In the meantime, please keep the Inaugeral party at the Uptown location in mind. It IS a nifty place for an event such as this. In fact, I attended a Presidential debate party there - and it was awesome!

N.

Anonymous said...

As noted in posts up above, this situation has changed - and an inauguration party is scheduled at the Kingston Muddy Cup on Jan. 20, 2009 --- from 7:30-10PM. [BTW, I apologize for the fact that I was spelling inaugural wrong... I'm trying to stay on top of it now!