Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just Thoughts...

[Beautiful Photo Passed On By A Family Member (Thank You!)]

I can't help but look around the city that I live in and note the signs of hope and the signs of despair - so sometimes a photograph of something innocent and beautiful can offer a moment of peace amidst the chaos of my "tending towards worry" brain...

Like many others, I am planting flowers and vines and... (I'm not there "yet") vegetables - many of these from seeds - some of which one can purchase at the dollar store in a deal of "buy one pack and get three or four (memory dip) packs (a pretty nifty deal!) free."

Why am I planting all of this when I am someone that has only ventured into the realm of a few daffodils and tulips in the past?

To stay sane in a world that seems (at least some of the time) to be spinning out of control... To deal with the stress that is keeping pace with this boat (The waters are a bit choppy!) of hope and despair... To get in touch with the earth... get grounded... and honestly, at some level, because I NEED the beauty of flowers around me this year... and some part of me is afraid that these vegetables [If I can even "birth" (lol) a vegetable...] might be (one of these days) all that we have available to eat...

Which does not mean this is a self-pity post, because certainly there are many folks in tougher positions that I am / we are...

What it is, I hope, is a reality-based post... as I talk to my neighbors and we share our concerns... as I take a look around and wonder "what comes next?" "Are things going to get better?" Or... "worse?"

I'm glad to report that some form of Credit Card reform has been passed by the Senate, and sad to report that I don't think it was nearly (by far) enough... [My opinion, yours may differ...]

I'm glad to report that the Obama Administration is taking Health Care Reform seriously, but afraid that they intend to use Medicare as their "script" for all (Am I wrong? I hope I'm wrong) - and I personally think (sorry folks) that Medicare is a messed up system that will NOT meet Obama's stated goals (as I understand them) or the American people's medical [for example, dental should be in there too!] needs...

I'm glad to report that corruption seems to be tackled more frequently... and alarmed (still) by the types of reports (child abuse, violence, etc.) that are coming out in the news...

Ah well, just thoughts...

Any comments?

Peace, Love, Equality and Humane Justice,

NS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Medicare will not do the job. Some form of Single Pay,as advocated by Art Richter and many others will be the real answer.

Socialized Medicine, nothing else will do and no amount of whining, crying, complaining or bitching will stand in the way of an idea and solution whose TIME HAS COME...smitty