Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Harold Ford Jr v Senator Gillibrand... You Tube Videos... Brave New World Foundation Video... Lessons in Not Eating Ones Own Toes...

My apologies for any adds or video links that might show up along with the following videos. I do not recommend clicking on them and I do not [I have not even watched them] endorse or oppose any of them...

["Harold Ford, Jr. May Run for N.Y. Senate Seat"; as submitted to You Tube by the AssociatedPress; January 12, 2010; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Qe4qIGWT0]

["Gillibrand and Ford Square Off"; as submitted by MaristPoll on
January 15, 2010; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvGuSFXHFco

[Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand 01182010; as submitted to You Tube by dnainfo on January 18, 2010; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYM_HVBYfQg]

["Meet Harold Ford, Jr.: Ann Coulter's Favorite Democrat..."; as submitted to You Tube by bravenewfilms January 13, 2010; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgBmQMSmCrY]

As someone that has been very impressed by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand...

I'd take the native New Yorker - gifted with a great intellect, class, basic manners, a positive record and style versus the guy [Talk about opinionated... What about what the constituents might want?] with a seemingly arrogant, locked-in-a-box, rude and obnoxious (my impressions, based on this video) side, any day!

Let's not eat our own toes...

Let's not take the elevator back down [referring to the Bush Jr. era] to the sewer...

Beware of stinky feet and anything that even slightly resembles [by word or by action...] a "golem"! [I'm thinking of the movie, "The Hobbit" ("Lord of the Rings"; JRR Tolkien) --- but "Webster's New World College Dictionary" (4th Ed.) defines a "golem" (in part) as a "a human being artificially created by cabalistic rites" (P. 610)].

NS

Addendum: Between the Far Left Liberals and the Far Right Conservatives [of whatever political party or parties they claim affiliation with...] I believe there is a happy medium...

Was I tough on Mr. Ford here? Yes.

Do I view him as an extremist - thus provoking an extreme (unusual) response from me? Yes.

Is extremism of any kind what we want to see take root (my apologies for the "golem" comment...) in America?

Let's hope - collectively - not.

No comments: