Tuesday, May 18, 2010

KNY Neighborhood Watch Meeting... Interesting Links... Spring Photos... Summer Block Party?



A.  Just back from the KNY Neighborhood Watch meeting.  Impressed with the attendance - and with the fact that some of the KNY Aldermen [Jen Fuentes, Andi Turco-Levin, Hayes Clement and Tom Hoffay were (sorry if I missed anyone)] there. 

Wondering why the others weren't (?)  This is pretty [I think...] important stuff!

My PTSD issues - the degree of stress I am currently under - and my prior experience (not good) with Kingston Area Public Access (KAPA) volunteerism - make me hesitant to jump into much of anything at this point.  But I am sooo grateful to the people that "are" jumping in --- and I'm staying as informed (in the meantime) as I can.

Right now the emphasis appears to be on forming and carrying out some neighborhood walks - with guidelines set at a minimum of four people and three active cell phones.

The first walk, however, will probably be much larger than that - and if I heard it right - will be on Thursday, May 27 at 7PM - starting out at G. Washington School.  [Please check in at the Watch site (there is a link in the sidebar) for more (general or specific) information.] 

If I understand it right, Watch walkers need to have their information on file - and they need to sign a liability waiver. 

Please contact the Watch, if interested --- for clarification!  They are also on Facebook at
"Facebook Kingston-NY-Neighborhood-Watch":  http://www.facebook.com/KingstonNeighborhoodWatch?ref=ts&v=wall

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.  A link for victims / survivors [Isn't this long overdue?] everwhere...

"'Supreme Court Rules 'Sexually Dangerous' Inmates Can Be Held Indefinitely'  NPR":  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126883149&sc=nl&cc=ph-20100517

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

C.  My sincere apologies for the fact that I keep (sorry Jen) referring to pugs as pit bulls...  Duh!  How many times can I make that (a biggy) mistake!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

D.  Another interesting link [This should all add up after a bit and help us taxpayers out a little, I hope...]]:

Kingston overbilled $64,000 for Safety Net Social Services":  http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2010/May/18/King_overbill-18May10.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



E.  I asked Alderman Jen Fuentes about the possibility of a Summer Block party for Ward 5...  Ideas and feedback (I'd be happy to pass them on...) welcome!

No comments: