Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cyber Bullying at the Big Top? What the He** is Harrassment? Freedom of Speech? What is the Rest of this Story? Updated.

["AC360 - Mich. Asst. Attorney General Andrew Shirvell Targets Gay Student... Pt. 1"; as submitted to You Tube by "SuchisLifeVideos"; Sept 2009; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwObjKZg9Jw ]

["AC360 - Mich. Asst. Attorney General Andrew Shirvell Targets Gay Student...  Pt. 2"; as submitted to You Tube by "SuchisLifeVideos"; Sept 2009; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bajmSePNQX4&feature=watch_response ]

["AC360 - MI AG Mike Cox Defends Andrew Shirvell's Right To Cyber Bully"; as submitted to You Tube by "SuchisLifeVideos"; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9eLpY1UHCc&feature=watch_response ]

I'll admit - this makes me wonder what the "Order of Angels" is all about - especially seeing as former President Gerald Ford was a member...

But other than that --- just what the "hey" is going on here?

Is the "First Amendment" - the "Freedom of Speech" clause - being used to protect hate groups and hate crimes?  Has this always been the case?

Just questions...

But BIG questions!  Eh?

Interestingly, when I applied for a postion on a Human Rights [AHEM] Commission - the fact that I have a blog was brought up as a potential negative / "conflict of interest" issue ---- and this was (I believe...) at least part of the reason [I suspect, a big part of the reason...] that I was not granted said position.  [I was told that if I got the position, I would need to refrain from discussing - on my blog - anything that was being dealt with (which I agreed to do...) by the Commission...]

Ha!  I guess it wouldn't stop me from being an Assistant DA...  [At least in Michigan...]  [?????]

I certainly am not familiar with any of the folks that these videos focus on - but I think it IS safe to say - "What a mess!" 

"Food for thought", folks.  Just [for now at least...] "food for thought."

I repeat:

Is the "First Amendment" - the "Freedom of Speech" clause - being used to protect hate groups and hate crimes? Has this always been the case?

What do you think?

No comments: