Friday, January 7, 2011

Cold Snowy Day - Video Below - "New York State of Mind" - Billy Joel


When I post a video (as below) direct from You Tube [I'm still practicing...] it doesn't always allow me to comment on that video at the same time...

Thus, this post is to:

1) Inquire as to whether you think there is enough snow out there yet...  [?????]

2) Demonstrate that we can all do "something" - even if we are limited in some way, shape or form.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do I necessarily agree with the caption on portrait of President Barack Obama that is presented in this video?  On the premise that we can all (in essense) create our own destiny?

No. 

Some of us have handycaps from day one...

Some of us have the ability to overcome those handycaps...

And some of us don't...

Still, somewhere in the middle of that is (I think) another truth...

That being the fact that all of us (almost all of us, anyhow) can contribute something - which is necessary - even if it is only to feed (on a cold snowy day...) our own soul and try to touch (in a positive way) the souls of others...

A lot is wrong in New York State right now; no doubt about it. 

But somehow each and every one of us - as able - should (in my opinion) be fighting (whilst speaking difficult truths...) to hone whatever skills we might have... and to keep "hope" alive.

Other than that, I hope you take notice of the Indian emphasis in the video, as they were, in fact, here before the rest of us...

Along with the [lol... I just had to get these in there...] cats : )

I hope you enjoy the video.

Peace.

No comments: