Sunday, June 28, 2009

Whatever... You Tube Videos and Poem... Muddling Through...

Plugging this (shrunk it!) in here now (6/29): "Viewer Discretion Advised / Some Cursewords and (in my opinion, regarding Obama...) Distasteful (at best) Commentary... Please note that I am not in control of the attached adds... What I choose to promote (for free) is generally provided in the sidebar or in a link that I post within a thread!:

["Cheney Seeks Multimillion Book Deal"; as submitted to You Tube by travisandjonathan on May 31, 2009; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKJYPgX9_ek]

I'm just a poet really,
A silly clown undone...
Heart breaking for the victims
Of a world that shelters none
From too much wind or rain or pain
Or even too much sun...

I'm just a child really,
Inside this aging soul...
Learning all there is to learn
As memory unfolds...

The truth a tiny whisper
Wiped out by
All the screams...

Daisies plucked
Love out of luck...
Left dying...
By the stream...

Can you tell me...
Can you tell me...
What does it all mean?

I'm just another person,
On this road to
Heaven or Hell...

Or someplace
In between the lines
Of a shattered shell...

'Tis really hard to tell...

[It's too bad "Humpty" fell...
And eggs are fragile...]

I'm just a poet really,
A silly clown undone...
Still working on a dream
Or two...
Still trying to have fun...

Whilst wondering just how often
Whitman sat down and cried?
Angelou thought of giving up?
Sexton thought of suicide...

Poetry not a child's tryst
The truth always taboo...
Perhaps I should try looking
For Cinderella's shoe?

When will we stop this game, "Pretend..."
Let truthsayers speak their minds
Take the shackles off
Our wrists...
Open up our minds?

We are worth so much more
Than this...
Have so much potential
To "be"

Why is it then...
Why is it then...

We still cannot break free?

I am just a child really
Inside this aging soul...
Cracked and broken
Scrambled
Boiled...

Life sure takes a toll...

But the clown remains
And the jester too...
And music helps me
Muddle through...

Early in the morning
On "nights" like this
When nothing makes sense...
At all.

----------------------------------------------------

Viewer Discretion (Curse Words) Advised:

["Ricky Gervais - Humpty Dumpty from politics"; JonnyRaz99
July 06, 2006; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYytaZ06Hco]

Peace, Love, Equality and Humane Justice,

NS

No comments: