Monday, February 23, 2009

RE BUSH TRUTH COMMISSION...

[Enough Picking on the "Little Guy"; Photo by NS]

Copied (Share Options Posted) and Pasted:

RE: "BUSH TRUTH COMMISSION"

"We have just emerged from a time when White House officials often acted as if they were above the law. That was wrong and must be fully exposed so it never happens again. That is why Senator Patrick Leahy has proposed the idea of a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate abuses during the Bush-Cheney Administration. These abuses may include the use of torture, warrantless wiretapping, extraordinary rendition, and executive override of laws. Rather than vengeance, we need a fair-minded pursuit of what actually happened. The best way to move forward is getting to the truth, finding out what happened, so we can make sure it does not happen again...

Please join me by signing Senator Leahy's online petition at http://www.BushTruthCommission.com -- urging Congress to consider establishing a truth and reconciliation commission to investigate the Bush-Cheney Administration's abuses. Or [visit http://ga3.org/campaign/btcpetition?rk=1dvrTUEagXL6W]"

[Links will be provided in sidebar >>>]

Truth, love, equality and humane justice,

NS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign--boy, you are one busy little beaver with all of this great stuff you show to the public. MUCH HIGH PRAISE!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you anon,

If you look under the photo of the doll and lamp - under where it says [for the first time, but not the last] "JUSTICE... WANT SOME?" --- it says "Sign Petition Bush Truth Commission" ---

If you just click on that, it will take you to the page... which offers you a chance to sign the petition.

Good luck. If you have any trouble with the links, let me know.

In hope of better days to come...

NS

Anonymous said...

i have a new petition to end the war would like me to you the info. please let me know.

Anonymous said...

lisab,

Send it on. I'll look it over. And we will take it from there.

I don't have a mechanism to do an online petition running from this site. But if your petition, after looking it over, seems like it fits the spirit of this blog, I will (it will have to have an associated email address or website link - to you or your organization) I will (with your explicit permission) post it.

I am personally against war, unless it is absolutely necessary for self-defense. However I do believe in keeping the "right to bear arms" intact, so that if we need to hunt for food (a lot of folks, particularly rural folks, do...) and/or protect our home, lives, children, etc... we can.

Send it on! Let's see how it goes.

Thank You,

NS

Anonymous said...

FYI,

The Bush Truth Commission Link has been moved up - towards the top - of the sidebar. There are other, somewhat similar links, via Credo Action, available further down.

Thank You,

NS

Anonymous said...

I have since removed the Bush Truth Commission link - after discovering that it includes (I have heard elsewhere; see video - Nancy Pelosi and Rachel Maddow above...) a clause granting Bush, et, al "immunity" from (potential) prosecution - which is not my favored outcome [I think Bush, et. al., should be held fully accountable should they be found guilty of having broken laws, etc.]

Folks can still access the Bush Truth Commission Link, however - by viewing the video...

Or they can go my preferred route by clicking on one of the Credo Action ["Hold Bush Accountable"] links and signing on a petition there.

I guess I actually did both, and I don't know if they null and void each other out or not (?) I know I did the Credo one 1st - and after review (sorry if I confused anyone) that is the one I (your view may differ) prefer.